What is the Adventure Guides Program?
- The YMCA Adventure Guides program is for fathers and their sons (5-11 years).
- There are Circle meetings in the community in which you live each month and a city wide activity each quarter.
- The small groups are called Circles. Each Circle has a unique name and a great heritage. These small groups meet together to build bonds between sons and dads.
- Circles meet throughout the Chattanooga area
We have designed the YMCA Adventure Guides program to assist you and your child on your journey of discovery. We seek to encourage you as a parent to "get to know your kid while your kid is still a kid."
Family is True North - the focal point of the program.
Nature and the camping experience are integral parts of the program.
Along the journey, adults should model, teach and demonstrate these values as well as give children many opportunities to practice and celebrate them.
How to Start A New Circle:
Starting a new circle group in a community, church or neighborhood is very common and simple.
- The group will need a volunteer leader and 6 to 8 families.
- The YMCA will help prepare the leaders with training, materials and support
How To Register:
Fill out the Registration Form and email, fax, or mail it to Michael Kendig at YMCA Camp Ocoee.
$25 per Family
Ready to get started?
For more information, contact:
Adventure Guides Coordinator