What is Y-CAP?
An intervention/prevention program that works with students between the ages of 10-14. They are referred to Y-CAP through the juvenile court or school systems.
- It is broken down into three vital components: tutoring, mentoring and counseling.
- Students meet Monday through Friday afternoons
- Family sessions are held twice monthly--sometimes with the child present, sometimes without.
- The program staff is very involved with the student (sometimes to the extent of picking up or dropping off the child at school).
- Students may stay involved with the program as long as necessary.
93% of Y-CAP students have improved their grades and 96% of have improved their attendance at school.
Y-CAP Regional Director