The YMCA is a charity and a christian organization. Many people don't know that the YMCA is an IRS-designated non-profit charity that provides an asset-rich environment. Everyday at our welcome centers, our swimming pools, and our camps, through our childcare, our fitness centers, our youth sports, and our Y-CAP program, even in our volunteer opportunities, we provide an environment and the opportunity to join us as followers of Christ.
Other Ways to Give to Our Y:
There is more than one way to help our Y, and not all of them involve a direct donation. Services you use everyday, like BI-LO and GoodSearch can be used to help raise money for our Y. Learn how to get started today!
Giving Back to the Y Will:
- Help us fund our Summer Feeding Program, which provides nutritious meals for kids while they are out of shcool.
- Give families a safe place to connect and kids a welcoming environment to make friends.
- Help fund the Mobile Market, which the Y uses to bring healthy groceries to neighborhoods where there is a shortage of healthy food. Give the community a place to build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
From the Money You Help Us Raise:
- $80 enables a child to learn skills,sportsmanship and teamwork through participation in a Y Youth Sports Program.
- $83 allows a four-year-old girl is East Lake, who walked to the Summer Feeding Program each day, to receive a healthy meal all summer long.
- $125 allows a low income child, who might otherwise fall behind two to three months in reading over the summer, to spend a half hour reading daily at Y Summer on the Move.
- $500 allows one active older adult to be involved at the Y for one year.
- $545 sends one child to YMCA Camp Ocoee for one week where they can enjoy a variety of activities such as swimming, horseback riding, hiking and rock climbing- experiences that teach healthy attitiudes and cooperation.
- $2,000 enables one youth to attend our Y-CAP program for one year, providing a safe place with caring mentors and peace of mind for working parents.